Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Jessie the Cowgirl!

Yee-Haw! We finally got Kinley's Halloween costume finished! She has known she wanted to be Jessie the Cowgirl from Toy Story for quite a while now.

toy_story_3_jessie_ 
We looked online and in catalogs for a while at other costumes and went to the Disney store to look at some things too. When we got there she fell immediately in love with the Jessie "accessories" that they had...but, had a different vision in mind for the costume. 

She was not too excited about the shiny, cheap shirt with the collar and weird gold fringe..and I could not blame her. So, after looking through a few pinterest pics we decided to make our own. If I can wrap my head around what her vision is and try to execute it it is fun to do...I mean do you remember her vision for an Elmo Princess last year?? 

 So, here she is in her finished Jessie costume giving her best Jessie "Yee-Haw!" Untitled Untitled

I got the shirt done a couple weeks ago and she fell in love with it first and begged for the chaps until I finished those. I used a plain white tee shirt from H&M that is soft and comfy for the shirt instead of a collared one, red rick-rack for the rope pattern, and felt fringe.
  IMG_6855
Perfect costume choice with her missing tooth and all...we just need to add a few freckles to that cute face.
IMG_4348
I don't know what it is but she looks SO big to me in these pics.
  IMG_4333 IMG_4349 IMG_4342
The hat and boots are fron the Disney store. I am in LOVE with the red braid attached to the hat.
  IMG_6860 IMG_4338
To keep the chaps from falling off there is black elastic for the waist band and around 2 spots down her leg. That way I didn't ruin a pair of jeans and she can wear them as she grows either with jeans or tights or whatever.
  IMG_4344 IMG_4353 IMG_4357 IMG_4355
She also insisted that Ty be Buzz Lightyear instead of Woody since Jessie loves Buzz. And I do think he makes the cutest Buzz I know. He is not quite as passionate about costumes as Kinley is yet but, I am hoping if I bribe him with candy he will want to put it on for Halloween.
Untitled Untitled
I pushed myself to get Jessie ready so we could watch Toy Story of Terror on ABC this week. If you haven't seen it, you should see it when it airs again. Its super cute and I do love that the storyline is mainly about Jessie.
  Untitled
 Yay for a Toy Story Halloween over here!

3 comments:

Shay said...

I'm not sure I've ever commented, but I follow your blog and love seeing how creative you are. Great job making Kinley's vision a reality. What a great mom you are!

Joni Anderle said...

Wow! That is so impressive! I love it! She is such a cute little model!
Joni

kristen said...

that is incredible!!! linds! I love everything about this costume! you are amazing!!