Sunday, February 10, 2013

Daddy-Daughter Dance

So, how about if I finally get to blogging about some February activity....it's only almost half way over.
But, I am so, so excited to blog about the Daddy-Daughter dance!
This dance is something that our church does every year and it is something so special that all the little girls look forward to. This year was Kinley's first year to go because in prior years she was either too little or Ben was out of town.
Weeks before the dance they start talking it up at school and I remember one day picking her up from school and Kinley asking so excitedly if she could go to the Daddy-Daughter dance. I said she would have to ask her daddy...but, before she even could Ben asked her if she would go with him and she just lit up with a smile ear to ear.

We had a little pre-dance prep with some of her playgroup friends who were also going to the dance with their daddies. Some nail painting, sparking sprite and cupcakes for their special date night.
IMG_3503 IMG_3508 IMG_3513 IMG_3516 IMG_3520 IMG_3521 IMG_3530 IMG_3535

We also went to the store and she picked out her own new dress for the dance. Here she is with her typical posing skills...
IMG_2562 IMG_2564

Ben really wanted to teach Kinley what a boy should do on a date and so he took her to dinner, told her she was the most beautiful girl, and even brought her flowers. She was really shocked to get flowers. She said with the most serious face...no mommy, those are for you. And, I assured her that she was daddy's date for the night and they were all for her. It was so sweet.
IMG_2566 IMG_2569 IMG_2571

I was thankful she got flowers because they made a great addition to our February mantle :)IMG_2580

Kinley insisted on wearing "hip-up" shoes to the dance. (that's what she calls high heels...not sure why...but, I love it) The only ones she owns are light up Cinderella dress up shoes. So, she definitely wore those to the dance the entire night.
IMG_2572

She showed me how she was going to twirl in her dress and wanted a picture in her coat on the way out the door.
IMG_3549 IMG_3548 IMG_2575 IMG_2577

They had a blast together and with their other daddy and daughter friends. I was just waiting on pins and needles the whole night to hear every detail about dinner, their conversation, and the dance.
Here are their portraits and photo booth fun from the night together. Daddy-Daughter portrait 1 Daddy-Daughter portrait 2 Daddy-Daughter silly pics They were both over me asking questions after about 5 minutes.
 I guess it's ok if it just stays between them.
We love this tradition and can't wait for many more to come.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Oh my goodness! This is just about the sweetest thing EVER! I love the whole night and the shoes are perfect Kinley! The pictures of Ben and her together are so so special. I love the daddy daughter dance tradition!

Alexis said...

This is about the most precious thing I have ever seen. Loved the twirling pictures!

kristen said...

thisis just the best thing ever. It just makes me tear up. i love this daddy daughter duo so much!!!

jennifer said...

those pics of ben and kinley are priceless!! so so sweet!

Misty said...

This just brought tears to my eyes. SO SWEET! I LOVE seeing dads showing the daughters how they should be treated. What a sweet family. just love your blog!