Sunday, September 30, 2012

Kinley singing medley

I have been wanting to post this video for a while and just hadn't gotten it all put together  until now. 

My mom took some videos of Kinley singing some songs for us at family birthdays a few weeks ago. 

Kinley will pretty much sing any song to anyone if they ask but when the camera comes out she gets a little shy sometimes. That day she was particularly in the performing mood and she had on her princess dress that Momma Gay had just mended for her and so mom tried to quietly film her. 

She was a little shy at first and quiet and forgot some lyrics with the camera rolling but, she eventually warmed up to it....alot.    

If you have time to watch the whole thing, you can see the progression...it's not that long...but, if not, at least skip to the end and watch the grand finale of her singing "I just can't wait to be King." This is her favorite song right now and even though she doesn't know all the lyrics she is hilariously animated and it is so fun. 
 I am so glad we finally got it on video. This reminds me so much of a video my mom took of me when I was about 2 years old singing lots of songs to this same group of adults...just about 30 years earlier. 
 These are the moments I don't ever want to forget.
On another note...this girl is 3 1/2 today.
Happy Half-Birthday Kinley!

4 comments:

kristen said...

ahhhh! that voice just melts me!! watch out broadway!! kinley is taking after her mama!!!

Jan said...

Priceless! She's soooo special!!!

Nat said...

I just love it when she sings I just can't wait to be king! So so precious! Great Job Kinley!!!

Allison said...

OH KINLEY! That was the most precious thing I have ever heard! I can't believe how well she knows the words! She is a broadway star in the making!