Thursday, October 2, 2014

Dylan Lee - 1 Month

Dylan, you are one month old already! 
 I can't even believe it. 
 Time is going so quickly and I know this infancy stage lasts just the shortest time so even when I am tired or emotional or overwhelmed, I am just trying to treasure it and keep perspective and know that every challenge is due to the enormous blessing I have in my three beautiful children. 
photo 5-1

You are getting more alert during the days, especially the mornings and I love seeing your big blue eyes and all the cute faces you make IMG_3677 IMG_3787 IMG_3788 

You love, love bathtime. You could be crying and tired and hungry and when you are stripped down to a diaper and hear the water running you calm down. You are so peaceful the whole time you are in the water. 
IMG_3831 

 You are starting to outgrow some newborn clothes already and can wear some 0-3 month stuff now
  IMG_3719 IMG_3713 

The best personalized onesie that Allison gave you #newbornproblems IMG_3695

Some stats: 
At birth you weighed 7 pounds 4 oz and they said 18 inches 
When we left the hospital and at your 3 day bilirubin and weight check, you were 6 pounds 13 oz 
At your 2 week appt you were 7 pounds 9 oz and 20 1/2 inches. I am pretty sure you didn't grow 2 1/2 inches in 2 weeks so I think you were a little scrunched up and underestimated on your birthday. 
And at 3 1/2 weeks I took you in for a weight check with Kinley when she had an ear infection and you weighed 8 pounds 9 oz. 
 So, you are growing well! 

 You are still eating every 3 hours or so...sometimes less during the day. I am ok with it because you were 2 weeks early so I am letting you kind of decide when you are hungry for a good 6 weeks or so. Then I might think about putting you on a schedule. 

 At night you usually eat around 9, 12 or 1, and 4ish. Then I get up at 6:30 to get Kinley ready for school and you usually want to eat again around 6:45 or 7 and are up for the day. 
 You cat nap throughout the day but at least take 2 good naps in your bassinet in our room. 
 You LOVE the baby bjorn and being upright and against my chest all day if possible. 
IMG_3824 

 You HATE the carseat currently. You pretty much start screaming after 5 seconds in it and don't stop until I either get you out or you pass out from crying exhaustion. It is heartbreaking and this is my only complaint so far. I am so, so hopeful you will get more comfortable and grow out of this soon. We are on the go and in the car way too much for you to hate it.

You are just the sweetest cuddle-bug and want to be with mom constantly.  And I am not complaining.  I will hold you as much as I can and as long as you will let me baby boy.  You are a treasure and an absolute joy.  
I love you.

No comments: